Sunday 1 March 2015

Meet JANEMADE


These incredible creations JaneMade breathes life into from just the nib of a pencil leave me flabbergasted every time. I find my eyes glued to the laptop screen for a good 5 minutes baffled by the detail and character she brings to her bespoke drawings. I've been very excited to write this post as Jane herself was kind enough to divulge a few secrets behind her intricate designs and how JaneMade came about. 

She's just the most talented lady! Her collage of drawings I stared at for longer than is normal…




Just…how? 

Being the animal lover that I am, her pieces of art tickled my pickle straight away. The moment I get a pooch, I'm going straight to Jane to draw me one of these portraits to take pride of place in my lounge.

I wanted to ask Jane a few questions which, I thought others who had seen her drawings would be interested in knowing also. So without further ado, I'll let the lovely Jane take over…

Has art always been your passion/career focus?
I have loved art my whole life. I studied at art school at Central Saint Martins, London and I realised my passion and love for art was enough to focus on a potential career. I love what I do.


How long does it take you to draw each masterpiece!?
Each commission varies, it all depends on the subject matter and the size of the commission. Something could take me 8 hours or could take me a few days. 


Which materials do you use to draw?
I only use graphite pencils and a rubber.

Which is your favourite drawing to date?
My favourite drawing is probably the Mini Cooper Sport I did for my boyfriend’s birthday. He adores his car so it was the perfect gift. Boys and their toys hey!!




Do you draw from the real life object or a photograph?
I draw from a selection of photographs. The better quality of the photograph the more detailed the commission.

How do you stop yourself smudging the drawing?!
I prevent myself from smudging my drawing by starting with the subjects’ eyes and then work my way outwards.
The eyes are the most important part of the subject as they are the first thing one looks at.



Who are your favourite artists?
I do not to have a favourite artist, however many artists and works of art inspire me. I try to be individual and try not to compare myself with any artist.

What is your favourite animal?
I LOVE DOGS























(If you're more of a cat person though, she also does marvellous Moggies!)





Where's your favourite place to relax in London?
I am no longer London based…I moved to the countryside as the hustle and bustle of London was taking its toll and wanted a change of scenery. I loved the city as a student. I felt most relaxed in my London studio drawing at my desk. 


Any advise to budding drawers out there?
My advice would be practice makes perfect, work on your weaknesses, as they will soon become your strengths-hard work pays off.


How can someone contact you for a commission?
If someone is interested in a Janemade commission they can either:
1)Drop me an email on; janemadeproducts@gmail.com
2)If you follow/like my Janemade facebook page you can contact me on there through message/wall.
3) I am also available on twitter (@janemade) where you can send me a direct message.




Jane's also taken her drawings to the next level and put them onto a range of stationary products and cards - just in time for EASTER!
I think Bob the duck is definitely my fave




She can also have them printed onto Tee's and bags!



I think they'd make the most perfect easter presents (hint hint William). Just look at that little pug's face!

I hope you've enjoyed meeting Janemade and do check out her commissions, they are all the most spectacular things I've ever seen.

Do you remember meeting Emily Victoria? I'd love to know your feed back on these 'Meet…' posts and if you'd like to see more of them on The Betty Stamp. Leave your thoughts below… <3

Enjoy your sunny Sundays!

Betty x



Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 1 March 2015 at 22:53 , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, they are so intricate - especially those labradors - gorgeous!
www.lovedbylaura.com

 
At 1 March 2015 at 23:12 , Blogger The Betty Stamp said...

aren't they just! I just don't understand how she does them! With a pencil! x

 
At 2 March 2015 at 14:55 , Blogger Kudzai said...

OMG this girl is seriously talented!! These drawing are amazing <3 I would love to be able to draw like that xo

♡Kudzai || NEWKIDBLOGS

 
At 3 March 2015 at 01:12 , Blogger The Betty Stamp said...

abso-bloomin-lutely, me too x

 
At 3 March 2015 at 17:37 , Blogger hannahjanewilliams said...

I would give my right arm... no wait my left arm to be able to draw like that! Absolutely beautiful!

www.hannahjanewilliams.co.uk

 
At 5 March 2015 at 10:07 , Blogger The Betty Stamp said...

snap. x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home