Tuesday 19 May 2015

Baby Kale, Pea and Gruyere Dip!

The Betty Stamp Lifestyle Blog Pea Kale Gruyere Dip Recipe

Long gone are the days of cosy winter warming soups, belly busting lasagnes and sizzling stews. Summer is fast approaching and my tummy is preparing itself for all the delicious smokey BBQ'd meats and salady summer cuisines in store!

Time to dive nose deep into recipe books and get experimenting with some refreshing seasonal ingredients for said BBQ's!

I've been ogling the Florette website as they do some great summer salad recipes ! I got extremely excited that they now do bags of baby kale! (I know - I'm a sad-o)

I really liked the sounds of their baby kale, pea and gruyere dip! So I've put my own little twists here and there to the recipe to suit my taste buds and made a big ol' batch to dunk my pitta into!

It's bloody delicious (if I may say so myself) and only takes 10 minutes to make!


The Betty Stamp Lifestyle Blog Pea Kale Gruyere Dip Recipe


What You'll Need //

Half bag of baby kale
250g frozen peas
50g Gruyere cheese
Juice of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic
Tsp salt
2 tbsp of natural yogurt
Dribble of water


Method

Into a food processor throw all your ingredients….and blitz!

Done. That's it…

Toasting your pitta probably takes longer than the entire making of the dip!


The Betty Stamp Lifestyle Blog Pea Kale Gruyere Dip Recipe


Chop up some carrots, cucumber, peppers - whatever tickles your pickle and get stuck in. Summery goodness in a bowl!

What are your favourite BBQ side dishes? I'd love your input so I can create some summery posts tailored to you lovely people.

Betty x



Labels: , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 19 May 2015 at 17:17 , Anonymous Angela / Only Crumbs Remain said...

Wow! Seriously vibrant! Yummy! We just need the weather to improve now :)
Angela x

 
At 20 May 2015 at 23:34 , Blogger The Betty Stamp said...

SO GREEN! Tell me about it! Bring on the sunny BBQ weather! x

 
At 22 May 2015 at 12:51 , Blogger Unknown said...

Yummmmm.. I love this kind of stuff... When I lived down there I had a friend that used to whip up a mango, tomato and red onion salad with a sugary sauce. Was delish... to have as a side to fish or whatever really.. you could add that into your pitta and smoke it :) x

 
At 25 May 2015 at 14:12 , Blogger Lucy Loves To Eat said...

I am so making that! It looks awesome and pretty healthy too, thanks for sharing a great recipe. Here's to all the bbq's to look forward too =D

lucylovestoeat.com

 
At 27 May 2015 at 19:12 , Blogger The Betty Stamp said...

mmm yup, very healthy! (bar the gruyere, but there's not too much of that in there) So dip away! x

 
At 27 May 2015 at 19:33 , Blogger The Betty Stamp said...

That sounds insanely good! I <3 Mango. Definitely going to give that a whirl in a toasted pitta :) x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home